100% pure PTFE, white with hardness 55 D, is resistant to almost all chemicals apart from fluorine, molten alkali metals and halogens. It also has very good sliding properties.
Due to its low elasticity, PTFE virgin is not suitable with high mechanical loads. PTFE has a poor thermal conductivity, a high expansion coefficient and a low loading capacity as bearing material. It also has low resistance to abrasive wear.
• Good mech resistance if reinforced with glass, carbon or bronze
• Excellent chem resistance to almost all commercial fluids & chems
• Highly stable electrical insulating properties
• Has weather resistant properties
• Excellent resistance to extreme heat&cold
• Temperature range: -200 to 260°C
• Grades: virgin, carbon filled, glass filled, bronze or PPS filled